Turn Ambition Into Application
We know 523 for Content Companies has the potential to change your business, so we want to ensure we’re thorough, thoughtful, and equitable in our selection process. Here's how we'll do that.
Who is eligible to apply?
The 523 program is inclusive by design, all we ask is that you demonstrate the following:
- Ownership by people from underrepresented groups¹: At least 51% of your company is owned by people from one or more underrepresented groups.
- Revenue/valuation: Your company’s gross revenue in 2022 or in the last six months must be less than $10M
- Employee size: You’ll need to have less than 30 full-time employees.
What's the selection process?
We want to keep this as fair as possible, so a team of Snapchat execs will be evaluating all applications against the following criteria.
- Ability to execute a regular cadence of premium Snapchat Shows 2x/week for 12 months
- A detailed plan on how you would use $10,000/month to improve your business
- Evidence of existing video content that can be repurposed for Snapchat
- A personal statement on how you would tailor future content to a younger audience (Gen-Z & Millennials)
What are the commitments?
- Virtually attend 4-5 mandatory training sessions prior to the start of the program
- Virtually attend 1x workshop per month for the duration of the program
- Publish two episodes a week for the duration of the program
- Videos must be 3-5 minutes long
What are the key dates?
When it comes to Snapchat content, time is of the essence. It’s all about moving fast and meeting the moment – and we’ll need you to do the same for our application process. Here are the key milestones:
- October 6, 2022: Applications open
- November 1, 2022: Applications close
- February 2, 2023: Second 523 for Content Companies cohort announced
- March 6, 2023: Second 523 for Content Companies cohort launches
1 Underrepresented groups are those that are 51% owned and operated by individuals who identify as any of the following: Black (includes African American, a person of African descent), Hispanic/Latino/Latinx (identify as Hispanic or Latino with ties in Latin America, and can be of any race), Asian, Indigenous (Aboriginal Australian, Alaska Native, First Nations, Native American, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander), Middle Eastern / North African / Arab, non-binary, LGBTQ+, Veteran, Disability, Women.